Box Hill High School is committed to providing academic excellence and we cater for the individual needs of students through both our traditional and innovative programs.  The curriculum is challenging and flexible.  Students are encouraged to be the best they can be in a stimulating and competitive environment. 

Australian Residents

Box Hill High School has been allocated a designated neighbourhood boundary by the Regional Director.  Refer to related enrolment documents for the designated neighbourhood boundary map.

Students will be given places according to the DET regulations, which stipulate the following criteria in order of priority.


Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students must be enrolled in the following priority order:

  1. Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.

  2. Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.

  3. Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
  4. Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
  5. All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
  6. In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.

Year 7 Transition from Primary School

At the commencement of Term 2 each year, the Department of Education provides all primary schools (State, Catholic and Independent) with relevant information and “Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Forms: Application for Year 7 Placement” forms.  Primary schools are required to make this material available to parents of grade 6 students.  Application for enrolment must be made on this form.  Once completed, it should be returned to your primary school, where it will be verified and forwarded to your preferred secondary school.

Residential address is the address at which the student permanently resides with parents or legal guardians.  In the case of current grade 6 students, this will be the address on their current school records.  Documentary evidence to support claims of a residential address will be required for enrolment on neighbourhood grounds.


Applying for enrolment in Year 8-12

Families of students wishing to enter at Years 8 – 12, can apply directly to the school by completing an Enrolment Enquiry Form and returning it to the Enrolment Officer, along with the required documentation.  Prior to confirming any enrolment, each applicant and a parent/guardian will attend an interview with the relevant Year Level Coordinator.  In all cases, it should be noted that an application for enrolment does not guarantee a place being available.  Refer to related  enrolment documents for further information. 


Language School

Students who qualify for English Language assistance will be directed to a government funded language school (not available at Box Hill High School).  Please refer to Blackburn English Language School or any of the Government-funded Language schools listed on the DET website.  The language school will direct students to their next school for enrolment.



Application for GAPP for Y7

Applications for 2018 GAPP program are now closed.